Suggestion

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Josh,
I was wondering if an Instagram account for TFO has been considered? It's extremely popular and would be a really great way to pull people into TFO that may need the friendship or vital information about a turtle they may own. It can be run by an admin(s) and pictures from members could be using hashtag's that can/will bring people to follow TFO. I've already been using #tfo for my tortoise images in case it's decided that TFO will have an Instagram ;)
There is a place for a website link in the profile section and tfo'ers can really pull newcomers in with their beloved tortoise/turtle collection images with simple hashtags. I really think it has huge potential. What do you think?
Here is an example of an image I have posted and the hashtags I used.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1403671336.191212.jpg

Elohi(Earth)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You are speaking some sort of foreign language to most of us. Could you spell it out in plain English for us older folks that are still wondering what happened to rotary telephones, and still marveling about how neat it is that we don't have to get off the couch to change the channel on the color TV.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Is it really? I'll go check it out now! Thanks.

Elohi(Earth)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I just checked it out.
And LOL disregard this long post. Hahaha

Elohi(Earth)

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I didn't intend for Tortoises_of_IG to become the TFO account but I guess it could and maybe should! :)
I don't always have time to update it. Maybe someone would like to volunteer to post member's torts on the account?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
You are speaking some sort of foreign language to most of us. Could you spell it out in plain English for us older folks that are still wondering what happened to rotary telephones, and still marveling about how neat it is that we don't have to get off the couch to change the channel on the color TV.
That was my first thought as well!!

mitchellr

5 Year Member
I didn't intend for Tortoises_of_IG to become the TFO account but I guess it could and maybe should! :)
I don't always have time to update it. Maybe someone would like to volunteer to post member's torts on the account?

I'd love too if i may

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
\
i can also do it, I have got a lot of free time right now, while I recover from my medical problems. As long as I can do it from my desktop, that is.

Last edited:

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
\

i can also do it, I have got a lot of free time right now, while I recover from my medical problems. As long as I can do it from my desktop, that is.

Instagram is only on phones. You can view through a web browser if someone gives you a link, but cannot post.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Haha. Now that's funny. I'm still a pup so they say. But I have no idea what she's talking about either.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Awe c'mon Kelly. You remember the days before Al Gore "invented" the internet, don't you?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Haha well yeah. I do remember the old school TVs too. The knobs. So great. And the mega giant 3 light rear projection big screens that weighed 4 million pounds and cost like 3000 bucks. And hanging out in airports at the terminal. Yeah the good old early 90s for me.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Would anyone like to volunteer to help takeover the TFO instagram account? All you would need to do is get members to send in photos you can post with the right hash tags.
PM me or tag me here if you are interested!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Would anyone like to volunteer to help takeover the TFO instagram account? All you would need to do is get members to send in photos you can post with the right hash tags.
PM me or tag me here if you are interested!
I may volunteer, but the only bad thing is that my time zone is very different from yours. So that won't get your photos as many likes as you need...
@Josh

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You had some volunteers already - mitchellr and starsaphire22. David volunteered too, but he's on a computer.