Succulent and Turtlestuff questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
So I went out today, looking for seeds and such. Found a really nice Aloe Vera plant that I got. I read it's good to have. But what was it that made it so good? I thought something like it helps flush their systems.

I also found some Opuntia Cacti. They were like $80 though and already pretty big. I then found this smaller cactus that had the leaf "paddles" like an Opuntia. However the leaves were rounded vs football shaped like the Opuntia. No one at the place (English Gardens) could tell me and it wasn't labled. Do Opuntia cactus when smaller have rounded leaves vs football shaped? It was maybe 6-8" tall, whereas the big Opuntia cactus was like 3-4 ft. Oh and the round leaves were small, like maybe 2" wide and tall, and pretty much perfectly round.

I might take my camera with me if I go again tomorrow to see.

And if anyone has gotten anything from turtlestuff.com. When you order something, how long did it take you to get your items? Usually places provide tracking numbers, but they havn't. I got some forage mix seeds.

They did send me an automated e-mail saying thanks for the purchase and we will get your order ready as soon as possible. I tried e-mailing them twice now (before I ordered) with no response too, so they don't see to communicate much and no phone number listed. The e-mails were a month ago (yep a month) and this past sunday (or 4 days ago).

Clementine_3

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Upstate NY
I just got my order of Cactus Fruities from TurtleStuff today, I ordered it on the 14th. I had no issues with them at all, but I did not try to follow up either. They sent an email confirming the order and another when it shipped. I had a good experience with them.
Can't help you with the cactus though...

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Clementine_3 said:
I just got my order of Cactus Fruities from TurtleStuff today, I ordered it on the 14th. I had no issues with them at all, but I did not try to follow up either. They sent an email confirming the order and another when it shipped. I had a good experience with them.
Can't help you with the cactus though...

Thanks, so at least they send an e-mail when it was shipped.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Rob, there are so, so many types of cactus most are edible. Some are extreamly spiney. If you can find a plant and brake off a pad let the wound dry a bit and place in some well drained soil it will grow well in a pot and can be brought inside in winter. Home Depot and Lowes also carry the Opuntia Cacti. If you like I could send you a pad or two to plant then just cut off a small piece and feed. The cut area will seal and you will just have an ugly pad but that is how I do it and I have cactus all the time. If you want me to send a pad pm me your address.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Crazy1 said:
Rob, there are so, so many types of cactus most are edible. Some are extreamly spiney. If you can find a plant and brake off a pad let the wound dry a bit and place in some well drained soil it will grow well in a pot and can be brought inside in winter. Home Depot and Lowes also carry the Opuntia Cacti. If you like I could send you a pad or two to plant then just cut off a small piece and feed. The cut area will seal and you will just have an ugly pad but that is how I do it and I have cactus all the time. If you want me to send a pad pm me your address.

I went to Lowes and Home Depot, 4 of them each since they are generally right next to one another. They all said they havn't had any in a few years. Probably harder to get in the cooler climated areas.

So you cut it off, let the open area seal and dry and then plant?

Status
Not open for further replies.