SPIDER UPDATE EGGS HATCHING

oknursedana

5 Year Member
luvpetz27 said:
Reminds me of Charlets Web!! :) lol

It's funny that you used that spelling of Charlet. That is how we spell our daughters name. It is a French sir name and not used very often at all. She's my nature lover and will love these pics.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
oknursedana said:
luvpetz27 said:
Reminds me of Charlets Web!! :) lol

It's funny that you used that spelling of Charlet. That is how we spell our daughters name. It is a French sir name and not used very often at all. She's my nature lover and will love these pics.

Hope your daughter enjoys them

Each day they get a little more brave, today they are catching the wind while hanging from the webs

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Update so all the baby spiders have hatched and they are gone. Well,,,,, last night when I went to check on her she was making another egg sac. I watched her build the egg sac she started at the bottom and worked her way up. She left a hole in the top to deposit the eggs and then she took a break. By the time I came to check on her again she had the egg sac filled with eggs and sealed up. I do have a few pics of this but for some reason I havent been able to upload pics to any thread. When I figure out the problem I will post pics

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
bigred said:
Update so all the baby spiders have hatched and they are gone. Well,,,,, last night when I went to check on her she was making another egg sac. I watched her build the egg sac she started at the bottom and worked her way up. She left a hole in the top to deposit the eggs and then she took a break. By the time I came to check on her again she had the egg sac filled with eggs and sealed up. I do have a few pics of this but for some reason I havent been able to upload pics to any thread. When I figure out the problem I will post pics

thats awesome. haha

0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pitbull/American Bulldog

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
nate.mann said:
bigred said:

thats awesome. haha

She is a very busy girl, Im not sure I want that many huge green spiders in my yard:D
0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pitbull/American Bulldog

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
terryo said:
That's amazing. I guess I watch too many cartoons. I thought they die after they laid the eggs.

I was wondering the same thing myself, the second egg sac is about half the size of the first. She hasnt been eating and not as active, I will let you know how things turn out

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maybe you've said this already and I missed it...but have you been feeding her or is it just catch-as-catch-can?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Yvonne G said:
Maybe you've said this already and I missed it...but have you been feeding her or is it just catch-as-catch-can?

I feed her sometimes, but not very often. She catches all kinds of stuff on her own, I really like it when she catches wasps

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Finally able to post pics again so here is a pic of the second egg sac. The sac on the top is the old one the are all gone in my yard somewhere. This is a pic of her making the sac and if you look close you can see she is not finished yet and has a hole in the top. I was trying to see her deposit the eggs but she took a break after making the sac. When I came back eggs were deposited and sac closed