So happy living outside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
I love this picture of brains, he seems so happy living outside :)

1dac48b9.jpg

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
awww what a great photo! he looks so very happy! I can't wait to finish our landscaping in the backyard so i can get started making Duma and Shorty a better outdoor enclosure! what did you make his hide out of?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Torts need to be outside as much as possible, The sun just is so good for them. Great picture

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Thanks! I really think he seems like a different tortoise :) I am pretty meticulous with my indoor enclosures. Temps are always checked and adjusted if needed, plenty of coir to dig in, logs and rocks to climb, mvb on for 14 hours a day. Even with all that, he still just seems much much happier outside. I love watching him out there!

Melly-n-shorty said:
awww what a great photo! he looks so very happy! I can't wait to finish our landscaping in the backyard so i can get started making Duma and Shorty a better outdoor enclosure! what did you make his hide out of?

The hide is just an upside down rubbermaid dish bin buried a bit in the dirt to try to keep it cool.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Laurie said:
The hide is just an upside down rubbermaid dish bin buried a bit in the dirt to try to keep it cool.

Oh ok I see now! I think I am going to try that in my outdoor enclosure. Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.