Sick DT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
I'm fostering a little DT - maybe 4 years old. The last couple days she didn't come out of her box. It's been kind of cool in the evenings and overcast in the morning so I didn't think too much about it. I pulled her out today and saw she is sick. Her eyes are closed, and there are a couple red spots in her mouth. Her nose is clear and she is breathing fine. She has lost 13 grams since last month. I've soaked her, have her under heat lamps, and started her on Baytril until I can get to the vet on Friday. I have never seen these kind of spots before - kind of on each side of her inside jaw. Could it be mouth rot? It doesn't look like the pictures I've seen, but should I wash her mouth out with diluted chlorhexidine or betadine just to be sure? (I tried to take pics - but it gets washed out.) Any advice would be much appreciated!

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Pictures would probably help some of the experts identify what those spots are.

jdawn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest
Sorry to hear of your sick little tort, I know how much care and concern you put in your shelled charges. I wish you the best in solving what is wrong and helping this little girl get on her way to recovery.
All the very best ~Jenny Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.