Should I buy this soil?

P

pguinpro

I took pictures of soil ingredients this time. I need soil because there is live grass and plants in closed chamber. Currently use coco choir and cypress mulch...20181005_153253.jpeg

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
I wouldn't use neither. Commercially sold "organic" top soil is often filled with questionable ingredients that can dangerous if ingested by tortoises such as sand, perlite, and vermiculite.

I personally have yet to find a safe commercially sold fertilized top soil that I would recommend for indoor planting. Other members may possibly be able to help here.

P

pguinpro

I wouldn't use neither. Commercially sold "organic" top soil is often filled with questionable ingredients that can dangerous if ingested by tortoises such as sand, perlite, and vermiculite.

I personally have yet to find a safe commercially sold fertilized top soil that I would recommend for indoor planting. Other members may possibly be able to help here.
So then what do you use for planting?

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
So then what do you use for planting?

I do not plant in indoor enclosures. Too many factors to worry about and not enough control.

I only plant in my indoor planters and outdoor garden. I also compost and make fertilizer tea with the waste, plant matter, and feed that to my plants. My outdoor gardening soil is mostly made up of the soil that was already there, compost, mulch, tortoise poo, used orchid bark, and used coco coir. My indoor planter soil however, is store bought stuff like Sungro and FoxFarm.