20220227_141431.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220227_141423.jpg
    20220227_141423.jpg
    1,023.2 KB · Views: 10

Tuneytort

Location (City and/or State)
Belfast
Thanks for replying guys 😃 I'm worried about the marks down near his tail on his plastron?? I think his shell looks shabby too??

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
The white looks like it could be a bit of shell fungus, but not rot as others have said. You can get a tube of cheap athlete's foot cream and apply it every 1-2 days for a couple of weeks to see if things improve. The part near the tail may be an old scar from shell fungus as well, but doesn't look white currently so may not be active.

If it doesn't work, the athlete's foot cream will not harm the tortoise, so it's worth a try.

Tuneytort

Belfast
The white looks like it could be a bit of shell fungus, but not rot as others have said. You can get a tube of cheap athlete's foot cream and apply it every 1-2 days for a couple of weeks to see if things improve. The part near the tail may be an old scar from shell fungus as well, but doesn't look white currently so may not be active.

If it doesn't work, the athlete's foot cream will not harm the tortoise, so it's worth a try.
Thank you so much 🤗 I will try that 😃

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

Thank you for mentioning that shell fungus is not shell rot.
And yes. Just to ease your mind. I'd also use a little dab of Athletes foot cream on the area.
As also stated. It does no harm.

Tuneytort

Belfast
Thank you for mentioning that shell fungus is not shell rot.
And yes. Just to ease your mind. I'd also use a little dab of Athletes foot cream on the area.
As also stated. It does no harm.
Thank you, such a relief 😊

Phoenix713

Wisconsin
Hey guys! If I could add into this thread and ask your thoughts on my two one's shells. Also a brand new tortoise owner so I want to start on right and learn from people who are experienced.
20220227_231101.jpg20220227_231124.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.