RES having RI?

ETTB1314

5 Year Member
My turtles have been yawning a lot on land and in water as well. And just this morning one of them had bubbles out her nose! They were clear and they popped immediately, but I'm worried. Could they have contracted RI?

I don't have a water heater because room temp water for me is already 84-86 air temp is about 80-82 and basking platform should be well over 90.

Their diet consists of mostly reptomin baby mini sticks and the occasional veggies, which I have fed them romaine lettuce, kale and spring mix. They love to bask and swim and dive and does eat as well and don't appear to be sick apart from the above symptoms.

Thanks!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
It certainly sounds like one. How does it swim, lopsided? a RES, or any water turtle with an RI, usually swims lopsided.

ETTB1314

5 Year Member
It certainly sounds like one. How does it swim, lopsided? a RES, or any water turtle with an RI, usually swims lopsided.
No they are swimming normally. So what should I do now? I don't want to take it to the vet unless necessary.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
A lot of vets won't treat simply based on the size, to small. Keep them warmer, arond 85, or 88, and for now I would watch. Keep an eye out for lop-sided swimming, loss of appetite, lethargy.

ETTB1314

5 Year Member
A lot of vets won't treat simply based on the size, to small. Keep them warmer, arond 85, or 88, and for now I would watch. Keep an eye out for lop-sided swimming, loss of appetite, lethargy.
They do not swim lop-sided, and they are still like little beggars for food. As for lethargy, how do you classify that as? I know one likes to bask a lot so she doesn't move almost the whole day when the light is on

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Ok, basking is not being lethargic. :)
I would say if they don't swim a lot, just float there, sort of just existing.