Rehoming/adoption requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
RedfootsRule said:
Its their tortoise; its their decision. The only thing I see wrong there is the visitation; if they want to visit the tortoise, they might as well keep it. But besides that, I don't see where its anyone elses business what requirements they set.

It is anyone's business when posted in public fashion by their own hands.

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
I was very interested in adopting this Sulcata and I was even ok with the visiting my problem was the housing requirement. I have a Rubbermaid shed for my Sullies outside house and during cold weather they are in the garage. No windows in the shed and no Ac. I already have bigger Sullies so I think I would have been a great new mommy but with this over the top requirements I will never find out. :-(

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
My opinion...just a little over board. Too many demands. I understand then want their sully to go to a good home, but the list is unreasonable.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I don't accept any requirements for re-homing. I'd rather buy it higher price than someone to set absurd terms.
We can talk about the husbandry and care prior to that and that's all.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Baoh said:
RedfootsRule said:
Its their tortoise; its their decision. The only thing I see wrong there is the visitation; if they want to visit the tortoise, they might as well keep it. But besides that, I don't see where its anyone elses business what requirements they set.

It is anyones business to apply to be the tortoises home; I don't think its anyones business, however, to dictate and criticize their requirements. However, thats not the point of this thread. Either way, its not a topic worth arguing over.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
My recent pancake tortoise was a Craigslist add adoption/ purchase. I was one of many responses they had received and they felt the best way to deal with this was for potential new owners to answer some questions first. I had no problem with this and followed with questions of my own. I would have been bummed had I not met their requirements but it would have been best for the tortoise in the owners eyes. They asked for and were given the okey for future visits, they have a special needs kid that bonded. Every situation is different, and should be seen that way. Short of the baby I bought from Tom, my other 9 tortoises I've received because the original owners felt I could provide the same or better care than their family member/pet had been getting. We investigate our final homes for our loved ones when the time comes, and it doesn't seem too far fetched to offer the same to our Chelonia family members if the need arises.

Much longer winded than I planned.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
RedfootsRule said:
Baoh said:
RedfootsRule said:

It is anyones business to apply to be the tortoises home; I don't think its anyones business, however, to dictate and criticize their requirements. However, thats not the point of this thread. Either way, its not a topic worth arguing over.

Anyone, as a thinking human being, has the right to evaluate what they observe. So you can consider it not to be so, but I do and will continue to do so and you are incapable of arresting that.

:)

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Cowboy_Ken said:
My recent pancake tortoise was a Craigslist add adoption/ purchase. I was one of many responses they had received and they felt the best way to deal with this was for potential new owners to answer some questions first. I had no problem with this and followed with questions of my own. I would have been bummed had I not met their requirements but it would have been best for the tortoise in the owners eyes. They asked for and were given the okey for future visits, they have a special needs kid that bonded. Every situation is different, and should be seen that way. Short of the baby I bought from Tom, my other 9 tortoises I've received because the original owners felt I could provide the same or better care than their family member/pet had been getting. We investigate our final homes for our loved ones when the time comes, and it doesn't seem too far fetched to offer the same to our Chelonia family members if the need arises.

I couldn't agree more.

Baoh said:
RedfootsRule said:
Baoh said:
RedfootsRule said:

Anyone, as a thinking human being, has the right to evaluate what they observe. So you can consider it not to be so, but I do and will continue to do so and you are incapable of arresting that.

:)

I would have a reply, but..."Not a topic worth arguing over"

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Cowboy_Ken said:

I agree, absolutely!

MrCB

5 Year Member
It sounds like the wife wants her husband to get rid of the tortoise, and this ad allows him to say he is trying to when he really doesn't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.