Redfoot cut his face :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noahredfoot

5 Year Member
Hi
Can anyone help me?
My six year old redfoot was out in his outdoor run today. It is made of wood and mesh. He has been using a run for years but just got a new one which he has only used a couple of times but isn't much different from the old one. Anyway I went out to check on him and his face was covered in blood. I got him all cleaned up and it is only a small cut under is left nostril. It hasn't stopped bleeding though. It isn't dripping with blood or anything but it isn't dry yet. It's 8 o'clock on a Saturday night so getting anything from a pharmacy will be tricky but if need be I can travel to a 24hr one.

What should I do?
How long will it take to heal?

I gave him some banana and he is eating that so he hasn't lost his appetite or anything but still very worried about him...

Denise

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Denise:

You can use the same first aid techniques that you would use on yourself. Naturally, you won't be able to put a band-aid on it, but anything else you can do is fine. Clean it off, maybe apply a cold compress until it stops bleeding, and apply some antibiotic ointment. That's about all you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.