Question for anyone serious about Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
Has anyone ever had the problem to where your pictures are circulated so much over the Internet that people ( read customers ) don't beleive their actually yours and that your trying to scam them?

I've had two customers this week do this.......One didn't even believe my watermark was mine because because guess what? It was MY initials, along with MY companies initials.......

I love Photography, but this aspect of it just makes me want to bury my camera and never pick it up again. This is why I don't take individual pictures anymore of the animals I do sell. It gets even better when someone tries to sell your own animals to you, using your pictures. Sometimes WITH the watermark still visible......

I guess I could keep going on, but I digress........Has anyone ever had this issue?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I notice that quite a few of the folks who sell tortoises have a very light overlay of either their name or the name of their business. I don't know how to do this, but it would solve your problem.

I know it would be pretty upsetting to have this happen to you. I think it has happened to Greg just recently (aldabraman).

EricIvins

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
I notice that quite a few of the folks who sell tortoises have a very light overlay of either their name or the name of their business. I don't know how to do this, but it would solve your problem.

I know it would be pretty upsetting to have this happen to you. I think it has happened to Greg just recently (aldabraman).

That is a watermark, and that is something I already do.....

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
What purpose do your photos have? Are they for the sake of portraying animals for sale, art, records for identity, what purpose? Any photo can be altered with the simplest of software, so the trick is to . . . read your PM.

Will

KTyne

5 Year Member
Chilliwack, BC
I love Photography but don't have a ton of photos out there as of now. That's got to be seriously frustrating and is something that I've been worried about ever since I first started taking photos and putting them out on the internet; people stealing them to say that they are theirs.
I would start putting your watermark right over top of the middle of the picture, not off in the corner so that it can be cropped out easily.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
I have a photographer friend who is constantly having her watermark cropped out of photos. And gregs pics were sent to me from a different person entirely. I knew they were his because he posts them here so frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.