Possible gravid eastern box turtle

Conn1987

Location (City and/or State)
Lexington,ky
Hello, I've had many box turtles in the past , even been lucky enough to hatch and raise some babies. Recently I aquired a female she was very personable, active, and hungry. The past several days have changed. She is alert, not visibly I'll. She's interested in eating, just doesn't. The past 3 days she has not got out of her big water dish. She's just been soaking day in day out occasionally stretching her back legs out. What do y'all think? Possibly getting ready to lay eggs? Finger's crossed!!

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Hello, I've had many box turtles in the past , even been lucky enough to hatch and raise some babies. Recently I aquired a female she was very personable, active, and hungry. The past several days have changed. She is alert, not visibly I'll. She's interested in eating, just doesn't. The past 3 days she has not got out of her big water dish. She's just been soaking day in day out occasionally stretching her back legs out. What do y'all think? Possibly getting ready to lay eggs? Finger's crossed!!
They usually lay eggs late in the evening into night. I'd she walks around inspecting the dirt, there is a chance. She may even dog test holes. Are you keeping her outside?

Conn1987

Lexington,ky
They usually lay eggs late in the evening into night. I'd she walks around inspecting the dirt, there is a chance. She may even dog test holes. Are you keeping her outside
She has been outside . Since she started doing this. I've put her separately in an 4 foot oval Rubbermaid stock tank with a bunch of soil. She hasn't started digging, just soaking all day and all night. She's alert, breathing fine, returns right to her bowl if she's taken out of the water. I thought I've read sometimes they will soak for days to loosen their bodies up in preparation of egg laying.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
She has been outside . Since she started doing this. I've put her separately in an 4 foot oval Rubbermaid stock tank with a bunch of soil. She hasn't started digging, just soaking all day and all night. She's alert, breathing fine, returns right to her bowl if she's taken out of the water. I thought I've read sometimes they will soak for days to loosen their bodies up in preparation of egg laying.
Then it's possible. Just don't expect them to be fertil