Pooping!

J0J0

Location (City and/or State)
UK, Cheshire
Please can you tell me if my tortoise should be pooping every day? It's been so long since I've last seen her poop. I put her in a tepid bath every day for roughly 20 minutes but it does not seem to be helping her with pooping. I'm just wandering is this normal :(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Please can you tell me if my tortoise should be pooping every day? It's been so long since I've last seen her poop. I put her in a tepid bath every day for roughly 20 minutes but it does not seem to be helping her with pooping. I'm just wandering is this normal :(
They don't poop every day. Depends on what they are eating and how much.

Daily soaks should be warm. Tepid sounds too cool. 85-95F is a good water temperature, but make sure its stays warm.

Has the tortoise been eating well? This time of year many of them stop eating much in preparation for hibernation. You might need to raise your temps and increase the brightness by adding a light.

Looks like you were using a red bulb in you avatar pic. Do you still have that over the tortoise?

J0J0

UK, Cheshire
Hiya, we don't have a red bulb any longer, we only had that for a short time. Thankfully yesterday I put her in a fairly warm bath (our actual bath tub) and she had several urates an a few poops which has put my mind at ease. She eats like a pig, she loves her Kale and dandelions, and has pooped again today in her Viv. I'm now beginning to wander is she was a little blocked. Thanks so much for the advice, we bathed her again today, she had several wee's and a urate followed by a little poop :)