Poop trouble!

KimC90

5 Year Member
Ok so Dwights poops have never been perfect. Too hard or too soft sometimes not pooping for a week sometimes a few days. It's been frustrating. Now the past 2 weeks she only poops once a week and thats when I soak her. It looks like she struggles to get it out. She stands up tall and puts her head in her shell and pushes it out. Last week I saw some pink what I'm guessing is anal tissue for a second. She gets a big pile of greens daily. Kale, red leaf lettuce, boy choy, & mustard greens lately. And a mix of mazuri and African land tortoise mash two to three times a week.
I'm going to up his...her (sorry still getting used to her being a girl) soaks to 3-4?
Suggestions?
Maybe add some cactus pads in to her diet?

Mini

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Friendswood
KimC90 said:
Ok so Dwights poops have never been perfect. Too hard or too soft sometimes not pooping for a week sometimes a few days. It's been frustrating. Now the past 2 weeks she only poops once a week and thats when I soak her. It looks like she struggles to get it out. She stands up tall and puts her head in her shell and pushes it out. Last week I saw some pink what I'm guessing is anal tissue for a second. She gets a big pile of greens daily. Kale, red leaf lettuce, boy choy, & mustard greens lately. And a mix of mazuri and African land tortoise mash two to three times a week.
I'm going to up his...her (sorry still getting used to her being a girl) soaks to 3-4?
Suggestions?
Maybe add some cactus pads in to her diet?

Add some mineral oil on her food.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
One of my tortoises had chronic issues like this and actually have a prolapse (probably because if it.) The vet suggested adding a little metamusil to his food and this helped tremendously. If you use it - go slowly and only add a little but every other day. Good luck!