Poop consistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
Well I have leopards and greeks and every morning I would usually try to pick out their poops and keep the litter clean and such. I've noticed that my greeks have a more solid... like long circular poop while my leopards are... kinda just well splat and blobs. I was just wondering if that is normal or not. They both get the same or similar diet so it just worries if there might be something wrong with them. Now I do notice my leopards actually drink water all the time while my greeks kinda just give it a sniff and continue on. They get soaked every other day as well.

moswen

5 Year Member
no, poop should be the consistency of what you're saying your greeks are. are you giving your leopards more opuntia or aloe? those two things can create diarrhea... which is also bad bc it dehydrates, which is probably why your leopards are drinking more. that's how cholera kills, it dehydrates you through diarrhea

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Well they both eat the same ish things. Various greens, dandelions, mustards, turnips, spring mix, cactus, mazuri, zoomed grassland, I can't remeber the other plant thing but I usually change it up every couple of days or week depending whats available. The poop both dry up to a hard consistency. It's just the greeks kinda poop out pellets that become hard, and the leopards comes out as a blob and then becomes hard. Just wondering if that's how they are suppose to be or if they are sick :( also in terms of drying, the leopards always drink since the first day I got them. Not all the time but... sometimes. I've never seen my greeks take liking to water... they are like affraid of it lol :(. I got some pictures but lets see how this goes.

The ones in the trash are from my greeks... they are like a few days old so probably not the best thing to go by.
The leopard blob one is fresh like... 30 minutes old.
So yeah they both eventually dry up hard so.. it just comes out differently which is what gets me.

P.S. Don't mind the white powder... had an accident with the calcium powder hehe :)

Btw, thanks for the help everyone... I love these guys and I'm getting super worried =( I will try to post a better and more updated picture later... with fresh droppings.

I forgot to to mention, grass... right now I can't really get ahold off since it's freezing outside and in terms of hay... I tried giving them some timothy hay (probably not the best idea) but just to try it since I had it laying around from my other animals and they just looked at it and walked on it. Not sure how to get them to eat it :\

Attachments

• Greek poop.jpg
    Greek poop.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 37
  • Leopard Poop.jpg
    Leopard Poop.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 37

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
I've noticed my hatchlings poops are always nicely "sausaged" whereas my juvenile's are splatted by the time I see them. They both eat the exact same things. I had thought for a long time that she was having diarrhea until I noticed one day that she has this habit of always walking in and making a mess of her freshly made poops. So what I thought was diarrhea was actually smeared poop sausages.

Good to know huh? :p

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
PeanutbuttER said:
I've noticed my hatchlings poops are always nicely "sausaged" whereas my juvenile's are splatted by the time I see them. They both eat the exact same things. I had thought for a long time that she was having diarrhea until I noticed one day that she has this habit of always walking in and making a mess of her freshly made poops. So what I thought was diarrhea was actually smeared poop sausages.

Good to know huh? :p

Hey!! Thats exactly the same thing! Now that I think about it..... my little guy/gal does the sausage poop as you nicely described haha. While the bigger one is just like splat. Hmm... maybe nothing is wrong. They are both growing and making a wonderful mess so I think they are ok.... I'm gonna have to wait for them to poop again so I can try to take updated pictures :\ just in case.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Yeah, unless I catch her in the act of pooping I almost never see sausages from Kiwi (my bigger tort).

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
You guys DO realize that not even new moms of human babies worry about poop as much as we do, right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.