Plea for help.. not sympathy.. Diamondbacks

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
The sad truth is due to the worst "trade" choice I've ever made I lost most of my adult terrapins - so I'm working on mating-up the two remaining females I have [ or adding new females ] with healthy ADULT / young ADULT males.

Any Terrapins to trade / breeding loan, etc. ??? .. anybody?

It's getting very close to the end of the shipping season.. so let me know as soon as you can please.

Thanks .. Terry

Email thru here please - http://www.turtletary.com/specials.htm

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Thank you Angela and Kathy.. the loss was due to "sub-specie / cross-contamination" that was fatal to my existing group and eventually got the ones I received ( represented as long term captive ) from the trade.. which ended up being WC "carriers".

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Aww man that sucks. I feel for you i made the same mistake too 2 years ago and also lost most of my adults. Males......if your looking for males. Im sure you noticed males are in short supply. Alot dbt people are looking for males. Good Luck.

Really upsets me when people sell wc as ltc or even As CB. They know sure as heck most of the time they do bad in captivity and die. So stupid just for some quick $$$ like the add for Mississippi dbts on kingsnake. It has a barnacle on its shell still!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Anthony P said:
Would you be willing to share who those "LTC" animals came from?

Anthony .. that's a fair question [ even tho' this thread was started to find male terrapins ].. however it's highly unlikely that he would ever be present here or anywhere else.

I do have reasons to believe [ if that's his real name ] that his son has advertised selling "macro" terrapins.. etc., on Fauna - acting as a broker for the same mutual friend [ the collector ] in Florida. His son was seldom mentioned during the months of dialouge we had.. and was not present when we met to trade.

Zack Russo in Cherry Hill , NJ

There is also a good chance there is mass "cross-contamination" among any and all other turtles in his [ he claimed ] large long-term collection!

I can't be critical.. greed is truly a [ too common these days ] demonic obsession that these humans need to be delivered from!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
What happened to this thread?

Does anyone have terrapins to trade, etc. --- please?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Redfoot NERD said:
Anthony P said:

Anthony .. that's a fair question [ even tho' this thread was started to find male terrapins ].. however it's highly unlikely that he would ever be present here or anywhere else.

I do have reasons to believe [ if that's his real name ] that his son has advertised selling "macro" terrapins.. etc., on Fauna - acting as a broker for the same mutual friend [ the collector ] in Florida. His son was seldom mentioned during the months of dialouge we had.. and was not present when we met to trade.

There is also a good chance there is mass "cross-contamination" among any and all other turtles in his [ he claimed ] large long-term collection!

I can't be critical.. greed is truly a [ too common these days ] demonic obsession that these humans need to be delivered from!

That is so sad. This just happened to a friend of mine who bought Macros from Cal Ma. It's upsetting. One of the females had notches cut in her marginals no doubt for a monitoring or research project in the wild.

He said that he only fed them "seafood" and they were LTC. Yeah, right..

What type of turtle person could do that? We are supposed to be the reptile people that care.

Anyway, I really wish you luck, and I am officially on the lookout for you.

Good luck.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Plea for help.. not sympathy.. Diamondbacks

Redfoot NERD said:
Anthony P said:

*sighs*, another crook here in Jersey, go figure. Sorry for your losses. I will email a friend and see if he can give me someone for you, he knows lots of tort/turt folks.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Hi, Terry- I've emailed the president of our local Herp club, briefly summarizing your plight and asking about members here who might have male dbt. Here's hoping!:)

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
NERD, do you have any specifics on what the actual disease was? Or could you share what the symptoms were?
Sounds like a really bad issue to be able to wipe out otherwise healthy adult animals. Sorry about that.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Carl I was careful to avoid any "cross-contamination"'.. but it happened anyway!

They [ those brought in ] never ate and would seldom get in the water.. always basking.

My group.. many raised from hatchlings.. did well over the past 3 - 4 years - even to the point of producing hatchlings. They would lose their appetite and then would only bask.

I watched 16 [ 14 adult ] terrapins go down from the end of July to late September. I'm almost over it finally.

Again thank you all for your kind words and thoughts!!!

A good friend of mine is sending me a few males and young female.. will post them later this week.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I'm happy that your friend is able to help you out, Terry!
This is great new's!
[REGIONAL INDICATOR SYMBOL LETTERS US]

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Redfoot NERD said:
Carl I was careful to avoid any "cross-contamination"'.. but it happened anyway!

They [ those brought in ] never ate and would seldom get in the water.. always basking.

My group.. many raised from hatchlings.. did well over the past 3 - 4 years - even to the point of producing hatchlings. They would lose their appetite and then would only bask.

I watched 16 [ 14 adult ] terrapins go down from the end of July to late September. I'm almost over it finally.

Again thank you all for your kind words and thoughts!!!

A good friend of mine is sending me a few males and young female.. will post them later this week.

Man that stinks. Sorry.