Planting Help!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I just bought these seeds but wanted to make sure I plant them properly. I have a couple of ideas, but didn't know how big they actually get.
I can block off part of the enclosure and just put them in the ground or maybe in a raised garden bed that only has about 16" of height because it has a lid.
These are for my RF's and they are not big grazers/bulldozers. I wasn't even sure if this is something to plant in an enclosure or somewhere else and cut has needed. I really have no idea what type of plants they are, but ordered them when I bought grazing seeds.

Would anyone like to share their pics of these plants/weeds? I'm in San Diego so our weather is nice, but do get a few frosty nights.

IMG_0633.jpg

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
Rose of Sharon will be a very slow-growing shrub from seed. I would sow in pots. Be patient; you will not be using them any time soon.
The Mallow I would sow in the ground sparsely (they get big), in a half-sun position, and water and fertilize freely. They will be very useful this year.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Rose of Sharon is like hibiscus, right? Ok, that helps me plan. I don't have a green thumb but will give it a shot.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I looked up the rose mallow. I like that one. If it survives in AZ, it will survive here too. The seeds look very similar to my African Hibiscus seeds.

Hey Andy...

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
Rose of Sharon is like hibiscus, right? Ok, that helps me plan. I don't have a green thumb but will give it a shot.

Right. RoS is a hardy hibiscus.
In San Diego, you could grow a number of more tropical types.

I also like the "blue hibiscus" Alyogyne - much more drought-resistant than the rest. Not a favorite of the tortoises tho'.