Plant ID.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Norwich CT
I have this stuff growing everywhere, sure someone here can ID it for me and rather it's safe.View attachment 342104
I believe you have Ornithogalum umbellatum (Star of Bethlehem). Does it produce white flowers? It emerges in spring, flowers and then completely dies back. It is a plant that is produced from bulbs. Typically bulbous plants should be avoided when feeding tortoises, but I’m not sure if that applies here. Maybe others have insight…

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I believe you have Ornithogalum umbellatum (Star of Bethlehem). Does it produce white flowers? It emerges in spring, flowers and then completely dies back. It is a plant that is produced from bulbs. Typically bulbous plants should be avoided when feeding tortoises, but I’m not sure if that applies here. Maybe others have insight…
Thanks for the name, I couldn't come up with it...I dug mine out

methos75

10 Year Member!
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
It has these blue flowers

Attachments

• 02DDD53A-3835-48A0-B922-52BE7799B4A4.jpeg
    02DDD53A-3835-48A0-B922-52BE7799B4A4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2

methos75

10 Year Member!
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
My wife says the blue one is Bluebells but yessh they all look alike to me, I just don't want my torts getting a hold of toxic plants. We have Daffodils growing every where as well and I know it's toxic

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
The second one indeed looks like hyacinth. If they receive less than optimal conditions, then they won’t have the big, dense stalks of florets.