Pics of Tiffany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelica

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hiya Guys

As promised, here are some pics of Tiffany. She has been with us for 5 months now and is settling in well and becoming a proper little charator!! She definately knows her own mind and we love her so much!!

Angie x

Attachments

• Photo0051.jpg
    Photo0051.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Photo0038.jpg
    Photo0038.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Photo0044.jpg
    Photo0044.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Photo0061.jpg
    Photo0061.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 53

Angelica

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Nope, didn't mean 5 months meant 5 weeks!!! oops!! here are some up to date pics of her emclosure, we changed it last week when we cleaned her enclosure out, she loves exploring so think that every time we clean her out, will change it round. Have included a pic of what she thought her cuttle fish was for!!

Angie

Attachments

• Photo0063.jpg
    Photo0063.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo0067.jpg
    Photo0067.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Photo0044.jpg
    Photo0044.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Photo0056.jpg
    Photo0056.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 27

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Angie: I really like Tiffany's enclosure. What kind of substrate are you using? You remarked that you were thinking about changing around the enclosure every time you cleaned it. I have been told that it stresses a tortoise out to have you change the habitat around. In the wild they use their geography, rocks, bushes, etc. as points to remember where they are and how they got there. I don't know how true this is, but its something for you to think about.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Awh, Angie, that cuttlebone does sort of look like a nice white pillow :p Tiffany is very sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I like the pillow and how cute she is with her little legs straight out the back. Thanks for sharing.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Nice pics Angie

Tiffany is very cute

I really like the one with the duck :D too cute.

Angelica

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Angie: I really like Tiffany's enclosure. What kind of substrate are you using? You remarked that you were thinking about changing around the enclosure every time you cleaned it. I have been told that it stresses a tortoise out to have you change the habitat around. In the wild they use their geography, rocks, bushes, etc. as points to remember where they are and how they got there. I don't know how true this is, but its something for you to think about.

Yvonne

Hiya Yvonne,
we're using hemp bedding and small wood chippings for her base. we looked at the soil/sand mix but have seen bad press about that so have steared away from using that. we still need to improve her enclosure, as she hasn't got any rocks/pebbles yet so will look to get then soon. I really appreciate sharing what you have been told about torts habitat, I honestly thought that she was loving exploring it, but it makes sense that she was getting familiar with her enclosure. Oh bless, I would have been constantely stressing her out!! I want to look to get her some climbing toys (not when she isn't being supervised though) as she absolutely loves climbing!! watch this space hehe!!

Once again, many thanks for your comments, I love taking pics of Tiff so I'm sure more will appear soon hehe!!

Angie xx

starkid

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Cute!!
Torts look the cutest when they sleep. I'm gonna post a few pics of my trio soon

Status
Not open for further replies.