Pics of some of my inverts DUW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
here are some pics of some of my inverts, i have more, but geeze, i ain't taking a pic of all em! (plus i can only put 10 pics on here)

Here is a pic of my invert shelves....

5d641e21.jpg

one of my two p. miranda

d832da2c.jpg

one of my two GBB's

d2256523.jpg

one of my two g. pulchra's

43a81f5c.jpg

freshly molted l. parahybana

TueMar16193249AmericaChicago2010.jpg

communal emperor scorpion tank....

2df3e9df.jpg

freshly molted adult female Lampropelma violaceopes

SunFeb28161935AmericaChicago2010.jpg

juvie female T. blondi

FriFeb26220308AmericaChicago2010.jpg

scolopendra subspinipes

FriFeb26215821AmericaChicago2010.jpg

adult male H. arizonensis

e76cf2eb.jpg

RascalDesertTort

5 Year Member
AZ
I think you are crazy. ;P I'm gonna have nightmares now lol

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Awesome :) Arachnids are so interesting to watch, as are other large insects.

Kristina

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
kyryah said:
Awesome :) Arachnids are so interesting to watch, as are other large insects.

Kristina

yes they are! they are so much fun to watch. they are really a lot more interesting than most people give them credit for. some of them are AMAZING burrowers and diggers, making tunnels and caverns all throughout their substrate. and the ones that web.....awesome!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
LOL, I used to let my Rosehair crawl all over and web on me... Somewhere I have video, one Halloween I dressed up like "living dead girl" (a very intricate costume, I might add) and laid in a coffin, with her webbing all over the place, even my face.

But on a less odd/freaky note, lol, they are very cool. Insects are the most prevalent life forms on earth, and arachnids prey on them. Some arachnids and insects have very intricate relationships, such as Pepsis formosa and Pepsis thisbe and tarantulas. Do a leading reading on it - how a tarantula that would usually react violently to the stimulation of being touched, sits perfectly still and lets the wasp close in for the paralyzing bite....

Kristina

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I think they are amazing..........and beautiful.......in YOUR house. LOL...no really, they are beautiful.

jblayza

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Love the S. subspinipes, I love how they'll be eating one roach and holding like two or three more with its other legs.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
jblayza said:
Love the S. subspinipes, I love how they'll be eating one roach and holding like two or three more with its other legs.

yeah, pedes are so cool. i have that one and a smaller "cherry head". i'm going out soon to do some local hunting for some of the larger heros we have here in oklahoma. can't wait!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I have to say, I think tarantulas are so cool!!
The scorpions I could live without :p What kind of pets do they make? Can you handle them? Can they kill you? I don't mean to sound stupid :p but I really don't know anything about them!

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
ChiKat said:
I have to say, I think tarantulas are so cool!!
The scorpions I could live without :p What kind of pets do they make? Can you handle them? Can they kill you? I don't mean to sound stupid :p but I really don't know anything about them!

it all depends on the species. my big emperor scorps i can pick them up and handle them no problem. they are the only ones i will pick up! i have a gravid L. quinquestriata who will ruin your world if you get stung by her. I also have 4 hottentotta trilieneatus who are pretty hot, as well as some Mesobuthus martensii and B. jacksoni which wouldn't feel very good!

and as for being "pets", they are pretty much just for looking at. they are so wicked looking i can't help but love them, especially the ones with attitude!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nice collection. Love the blondi. I've just got a couple of small Brachypelma smithi, right now. Used to keep Avicularia. Where's a good place to learn more about the 'pedes? Always been interested in them, don't know much about them. I've certainly got plenty for them to eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.