Pee and aggression

jade_woods

Does any body know my my male tortoise ages 1 and a half is trying to Bite me? Also is it normal for their pee to be liquid ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
If you hand feed a lot, or if they just recognize you as the food provider, they will sometimes bite at you. They can also do it out of territorial aggression.

I've also seen them try to bite when incorrect lighting is used. Any red bulbs or cfl type UV bulbs?

If your tortoise is well hydrated and regularly soaked, then it is normal for them to expel liquid urine. No need to concentrate the urine into thick urates if there is an abundance of water.

jade_woods

If you hand feed a lot, or if they just recognize you as the food provider, they will sometimes bite at you. They can also do it out of territorial aggression.

I've also seen them try to bite when incorrect lighting is used. Any red bulbs or cfl type UV bulbs?

If your tortoise is well hydrated and regularly soaked, then it is normal for them to expel liquid urine. No need to concentrate the urine into thick urates if there is an abundance of water.
I hand feed him quite a lot and I use a mercy bulb . If I stop hand feeding will he stop trying to bite me?