ozzy ozbourne concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswen

5 Year Member
i'm about to head out to the ozzy concert in st. lous, is anyone else going?

harris

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I'm not going, but just hadda add I was fortunate enough to see him in '82 when Randy Rhoads was still alive. Should be a good show especially with Halford opening for him.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
Seen him myself back in 82' but didn't want to age myself.Tickets cost $9 back then.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
zzzdanz said:
Seen him myself back in 82' but didn't want to age myself.Tickets cost $9 back then.

Was that when Metallica opened up for him?

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
No. Metallica opened for him in '86 during the Master Of Puppets tour. It would be the last tour Metallica ever opened. Actually, halfway into the tour they broke off from Ozzy and started headlining across the pond. In '82 Ozzy came to little place in Cleveland, called the Phantasy Theatre, which was packed at fifteen hundred people. Their opening act was a little known band called Quiet Riot.

zzzdanz said:
So did the concert shirts!

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
When Metallica was gonna open for him in Ri. the show got cancelled for 5 or 6 months and Queensryche ended up opening...Then when he came back around it was Motley Crue opening on there Shout at the Devil tour...I was a (am) a Metal Head,never missed a show...When Iron Maiden came around the world stopped turning and ya'ld sleep out on the sidewalks waiting for ticket master to open.

All the music these days is just crap,corporate made,no talent crap.Musicians are a die'n breed sadly.

M

Maggie Cummings

I am older than all of you, but have seen Metallica and Quiet Riot and Ozzy, saw him at the Oakland Colosseum in the late '70's I think. I absolutely agree with zzzdanz about music. Stopped listening to what passes for rock and turned country. Now country is becoming so corporate that the music is crappy too...I listen to cassette tapes for my music now...
I remember spending all my Friday nights at Winterland in S.F. when the tickets for 3 bands was $3.50. Got to hit off of a Southern Comfort bottle with a little known singer named Janis Joplin...

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I was watching some country music awards thingy a cpl weeks ago...Ole'Hank must be flipping in his grave after that...All the music is basically written for them,song writers,and the dudes are all pretty...And their called Artists now...plzzzz..Should be called corporate puppets.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
UP THE IRONS!!!! My all time favorite band, thus my username "harris". As far as country goes I was raised on it, and lovED it. That is everyrhing up to the mid to late eighties when it started going pop. RIP Buck Owens and Conway Twitty. Today I choose to remain in the metal yrs. Maiden, Anthrax, Slayer, Priest, and so on. In my truck it's AM sports radio cause FM is just awful.... To me.

And Emmylou n Stryper too!!

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I hear that Harris...AM 850 sports radio....I dont care if I ever hear the radio again...I quit a job I had working nites back in the 80's to see the Piece of Mind tour.I asked if I could just switch shifts with someone and the boss said no-way....ok, I quit, I dont miss Maiden for anything.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Ah, the Piece of Mind tour. Fastway was the opening act. I 've never missed a Maiden concert that came to my area (plus '06 in Sweden) From DiAnno, thru Blaze Bailey, back to Bruce.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
"ALL ABOARD.......... HA.....HA.......HA.........."

Most of what I listen to was made in the 80's.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I recorded Ozzy at the Long Beach Arena back in '81...first (and last) time I saw Randy Rhoads...
Saw Ozzy one more time...in '84 (also at Long Beach) on the Bark At The Moon Tour!

M

Maggie Cummings

I could hardly wait to install an expensive rock out loud system in my car...now the face plate sits above the washer and I don't think it's been in the car in a year...:(

I miss the Allman bros and Marshall Tucker and Led Zep...

Moswen...How was the concert???

Status
Not open for further replies.