Oh my! Rescue #28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
I agree with everything Anthony said about the pellets. Specially it couldn't be that exact zoo med pellet since it only came out in the last 2-3years haha.

Only one thing i dont agree on though. Its that its a Trachemys scripta scripta. Its defiantly in the Cooter family. Head markings are classic cooter markings. Unfortunately it has no shell patterns to which to go off of for me to ID an exact subspecies though it does look like the side of plastron might have a reddish tint to it so I'm leaning towards a Florida Red Bellied.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Diamondbacks4Life said:
I agree with everything Anthony said about the pellets. Specially it couldn't be that exact zoo med pellet since it only came out in the last 2-3years haha.

Only one thing i dont agree on though. Its that its a Trachemys scripta scripta. Its defiantly in the Cooter family. Head markings are classic cooter markings. Unfortunately it has no shell patterns to which to go off of for me to ID an exact subspecies though it does look like the side of plastron might have a reddish tint to it so I'm leaning towards a Florida Red Bellied.

I had the same thought about the pellets, but I do think they've been around for longer than that. I bet they've been around for seven years, but it might be close.

You are absolutely correct about this being Pseudemys. I went back and took another look. Embarrassed that I missed that.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
If nobody near by wants him, he could always find his way here...

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Awe that poor, innocent, beautiful creature!! I'm sure he's very grateful to have you! At least some people still care about animals... :( ((pretty Doberman!!!!)) <3

Awe that poor, innocent, beautiful creature!! I'm sure he's very grateful to have you! At least some people still care about animals... :( ((pretty Doberman!!!!)) <3

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Poor baby. I wonder, thinking out loud, if on top of no sun and no varied diet, if the toxins in the plastic have also contributed to those yukky things? Someone needs to spoil that baby rotten! Don't fear little turtle. good human care is here with Yvonne, and on its way with your new keeper! : )

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Absolutely horrendous! I've taken in many deformed water turtles through the years, but never saw a water turtle with an overgrown beak.

Status
Not open for further replies.