Oh boy was I wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

My SS box had a Nebraska post mark so I *assumed* it was from Jacqui. We are friends so I was very excited that she was my SS. So because it was the only present I'd get for Christmas I waited to open it. I was SO excited because I knew that Jacqui would get me something great. Every day I picked up that box, it was 6" X 7" X 9", I shook it and I smelled it and I really tried to figure out what it was. So Christmas morning with my hair flying all over my head and still in my robe without make up I ran to the tree and started to open my box. Lots of bubble wrap, oh, chocolate...about a pound of chocolate, dark good chocolate. A small thing wrapped in more bubble wrap. Of course that alone is a fun present, I love popping it, so I unwrapped more bubble wrap, holy cow how much of that stuff is there??? Now thick drawing paper and lots of tape. Jeeze! Hard to get in with only one hand...finally in...OMG! Beautiful, just beautiful. And the smell of fresh paint. This was hand painted. I grew still just taking it in. I held my breath, turning it around in my hand and looking at every mark. A small turtle hand painted to look like this...

2qib8.jpg

And the back looks like this, but by that time I had water from my eyes so I couldn't see very well. A hand painted present with so much consideration, what a wonderful gift. You couldn't have picked out anything better. So for my only Christmas gift it was perfect. Dead on perfect and I am touched that you would take so much time and thought to do that for me. Hand painted. Thank you so much Mark, thank you so very much for being so considerate. And to sign with such humor I laughed out loud when I could finally read it...

2r74rpw.jpg

Be sure to notice the signature sun glasses... that tickled me so...
ignore the date, I don't know how to change it...

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
I'm glad you liked it! It was a lot of fun to do!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Ooh, that's lovely! :)

What a great gift - and I think you're the first to post a picture? Come on, the rest of you!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ahh, nobody likes you Maggie... :D

Believe me now? Merry Christmas.

Home Run Mark. Nicely done.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
:D:cool::tort: very cute! i so wish i could have gotten into the SS.... next year maybe :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Mark wanted you to think it was from me. :D I even subtly made a comment about having been in Omaha at the time it would have been mailed in the chat thread. :D

M

Maggie Cummings

Jacqui said:
:D Mark wanted you to think it was from me. :D I even subtly made a comment about having been in Omaha at the time it would have been mailed in the chat thread. :D

I so totally thought it was from you. I completely fell for it! Good job!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Mark did a much better job, then I would have done. He did great! Glad we had ya fooled. :p:D

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
What a wonderful idea! I definitely want to be in the Secret Santa next year as well. How fun it has been!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I have to admit- when you said you thought you knew who it was from, I was crushed! I was trying to obscure my location, but have mentioned Omaha quite often. I am so glad we were able to fool you right up to the end!

I am also really happy to see that the sunglasses survived the trip!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
That is so special! I could feel your anticipation while opening the box!! Great read!

M

Maggie Cummings

Madkins007 said:
I have to admit- when you said you thought you knew who it was from, I was crushed! I was trying to obscure my location, but have mentioned Omaha quite often. I am so glad we were able to fool you right up to the end!

I am also really happy to see that the sunglasses survived the trip!

I am assuming you knew that he was known for wearing stylish dark glasses everywhere...This has been such fun, and thank you Mark for fooling me and adding to the suspense...

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
The perfect gift for you :) Very nice. Great job to everyone involved ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.