Not pooping enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty the Torty

5 Year Member
I'm a little worried that Morty isn't pooping enough. He now eats twice as much as he did 3 months ago but seems to be pooing less and less I soak him every morning and the heat lamp is over his water so he also likes to soak on his own. I use only coco coir which I soak all the time, he only eats yard weeds, spring mix, red and green leaf lettuce, sulcata seed mix, and hibiscus flowers. He used to poop 2 or 3 times in his bath everyday but now only once and much smaller or sometimes not at all. Should I be worried? His behavior hasn't changed and he still eats like a champ and is very active.

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose, CA
I may not pay that much attention but I don't think any of my tortoises ever poop 2-3 times a day. Once a day is more like it. If he behaves normally, then I'd say don't worry.

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cali
Morty the Torty said:
I'm a little worried that Morty isn't pooping enough. He now eats twice as much as he did 3 months ago but seems to be pooing less and less I soak him every morning and the heat lamp is over his water so he also likes to soak on his own. I use only coco coir which I soak all the time, he only eats yard weeds, spring mix, red and green leaf lettuce, sulcata seed mix, and hibiscus flowers. He used to poop 2 or 3 times in his bath everyday but now only once and much smaller or sometimes not at all. Should I be worried? His behavior hasn't changed and he still eats like a champ and is very active.

OMG UR MORTY THE TORTY TOO =D HI! hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.