new tortoise owner in toronto, canada

lovebugaphid

hello all,
new tortoise owner here. I've recently moved to toronto, canada from Southern California (brrr). my husband and I just received a 3 month old leopard tortoise yesterday. we are new at this and tortoise forum has been such a wonderful resource. we want to do our best for the little guy & hope nothing but health & happiness for him.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA . So when do we get to see the leopard and his enclosure .

lovebugaphid

I posted details on the enclosure in a thread in the "tortoise health" section. the little guy seems to sleep all day & hasn't eaten. is this normal behavior?

lovebugaphid

here is the thread I mentioned: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-90269.html

and the details of the enclosure & such:
we have a large exo terra terrarium with cypress mulch & organic soil for substrate. we have a UV/heat bulb, a night time bulb and ceramic heater (none of the bulbs are coiled). we also have a reptifogger for humidity. the warmer side stays above 90F while the rest of the enclosure stays above 80F, humidity is around 80-90%. we have wheat grass, cat grass, dandelion greens, zoo med grassland tortoise pellets, water cress, and spring mix for the tort. but like I said, he hasn't eaten. it was being fed spring mix & mazuri from the place we bought him. we offered mostly the grasses & pellets yesterday, but the little one wasn't interested so we tried offering only spring mix today (I know, not the best) but we wanted to see if he'd eat something familiar, no luck. we did 2 warm water soaks yesterday & a soak today with baby food (carrot)