New to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So. Cal desert
Hello, My name is Yvonne, live in the Palm Springs, Ca. area and recently adopted 2 Sulcata torts. Moe is the male about 8yrs old, 31 lbs and is not in too bad of shape. Moderate pyramiding of the shell but seems okay otherwise. Kona is the female, about 6yrs old ... I havent weighed her yet. She isnt in good shape at all but hopefully I can help her out. She is less than half the size of Moe.
I also have 2 desert torts I adopted a couple yrs ago. They are about 7yrs old now. They are Bonnie & Clyde.
I've been reading about the Sulcatas and am glad I found this forum. A lot of good info here. I will have plenty of questions to start with, especially for Kona. May as well thank you all in advance ...... thanks. :)
Also noticed there is another Yvonne here .... the dog message board I post on has an Yvonne too, so Yvie or Yve will do for me to not confuse things.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome, I read you other post and those stories make me sad and happy, sad for the way they were treated and happy for the new home they hav found.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Yvie:

I doubt there will be confusion...the "Yvonne" who is in Spain always signs her name "Yvonne ;)" and I sign "Yvonne G." But it is quite unusual for me to know so many other "Yvonnes" In all my 72 years, I've only ever known (besides Bikerchickspain) one "Yvonne." There is also an "Yvonne" who is a member of one of the CTTC's in SoCal. Would that be you?

Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to reading your story and seeing pictures of your tortoises.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
In all my 72 years, I've only ever known (besides Bikerchickspain) one "Yvonne." There is also an "Yvonne" who is a member of one of the CTTC's in SoCal. Would that be you?

Welcome to the forum!
++++++++++++++++++
Thank you .... and I too have only known of 1 Yvonne before finding message boards. Maybe we should all start a club. lol
I dont know what CTTC is so it couldnt be me. The Yvo I know is from a dog board but she is in SoCal. She has Italian Grey hounds and does quite a bit for rescue. Is that her?
Anyhow ... am looking forward to reading here. Never even heard of a Sulcata until I brought them home. But thats pretty much the story of my life. Take in a critter, research what they need, then adjust my life around those needs. Sigh ..... vacations are overrated anyway. :)

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
tortoisenerd said:
Welcome to the group! We love tort photos. :)

Thank you and glad to hear pics are liked. Heres one of Moe.
DSCN2543.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.