New tank!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
My uncle just gave me what i think is a 30 gallon tank and a stand for my hatchling/juvenile musk turtle, it was in pretty bad shape when I got it but I finally got it fixed up! The water is 8 1/2 inches deep. And the tank is 2 1/2 feet long by 12 inches wide. I will definitely be getting some taller plants for him to rest on soon but this is all I have for now. Tell me what you guys think!
Oh and btw, I compared the size with a DVD.

Attachments

• image-3961893103.png
    image-3961893103.png
    1 MB · Views: 66
  • image-3851023612.png
    image-3851023612.png
    1 MB · Views: 56

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
You know.....a baby turtle really loves to swim too...so if you brought the water level up a lot higher your turt will be aok---especially since you have a basking dock :D:D:D:D:D

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
ascott said:
You know.....a baby turtle really loves to swim too...so if you brought the water level up a lot higher your turt will be aok---especially since you have a basking dock :D:D:D:D:D

Ok, good to know :D

patilraosaheb said:
Try to find a pair, so that they will play together and rest.

I am getting a razorback musk turtle next year. and yes, if you're wondering I will keep the razorback in a separate tank until its big enough to put with my common musk turtle. :)

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
ascott said:

No offense, but this is not great advice for a musk turtle.

Baby turtles can be good swimmers, but mud/musk turtles prefer to have their feet on something, and small turtles especially need to feel secure in their environment. These turtles will walk onto land rather than swim on the top of the water towards land, like a RES might.

The tank can be filled to the top indeed, but it will need a lot of branches and other items for the turtle to walk along/rest on.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
Anthony P said:
No offense, but this is not great advice for a musk turtle.

Baby turtles can be good swimmers, but mud/musk turtles prefer to have their feet on something, and small turtles especially need to feel secure in their environment. These turtles will walk onto land rather than swim on the top of the water towards land, like a RES might.

The tank can be filled to the top indeed, but it will need a lot of branches and other items for the turtle to walk along/rest on.

I think he might have not known that I was talking about a musk turtle.
I'm going to get some plant for him today and then I will raise his water level.

Status
Not open for further replies.