New PVC enclosure, recommendations welcome!

Shaybe13

Location (City and/or State)
Roanoke, VA
Hi everyone!

I am in the process of building a PVC enclosure for my redfoot and am just adding the final few details. The enclosure measures 8'x2'x2' and I am planning on putting sliding doors on the front. I am wanting to switch from a CHE to a radiant panel and am looking for suggestions about the best way to hang it. Can they be safely attached directly to the panel or do they need to hang down a few inches?

Here's what it looks like so far! Just got a coat of paint and the doors to put on before it's done.

Attachments

• 0409241608.jpg
    0409241608.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh man. . . I really like it! If I'm remembering correctly my RHP has little metal thingies on top sides and they screw into the ceiling.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi everyone!

I am in the process of building a PVC enclosure for my redfoot and am just adding the final few details. The enclosure measures 8'x2'x2' and I am planning on putting sliding doors on the front. I am wanting to switch from a CHE to a radiant panel and am looking for suggestions about the best way to hang it. Can they be safely attached directly to the panel or do they need to hang down a few inches?

Here's what it looks like so far! Just got a coat of paint and the doors to put on before it's done.
You can mount RHPs directly to the plastic ceiling. Very little heat comes through the back. All the heat comes out the "lens" which will be facing down into your enclosure.

I've never heard of painting PVC. All of mine are the original color of the plastic.

Last edited:

Shaybe13

Roanoke, VA
You can mount RHPs directly to the plastic ceiling. Very little heat comes through the back. All the heat comes out the "lens" which will be facing down into your enclosure.

I've never heard of painting PVC. All of mine are the original color of the plastic.
I hadn't either! I really wanted black and I couldn't find black PVC in my area so I used Krylon and coated it with a matte finish and let it cure for a few weeks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Markw84 builds and sells black ones. Maybe he'll share with you where he got the black material