New Member - Looking to buy/adopt? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelseyleah343

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florence, Mississippi
My name is Kelsey, I'm new to the site. My family has raised tortoises for years, and I've been involved. I live in Mississippi in the United States. I'm looking to adopt or buy, and I'm posting here simply because it is difficult to find places offering tortoises. The ones that I've found simply do not treat them correctly, and I'm afraid of health issues. Please help? I would prefer a Russian tortoise.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome! Most of those places that don't take care of them correctly are still rehab able. It's sad seeing that though. There's a lot of us here that adopt out Tory's. I actually will have 2 Russians up for adoption in a few months when I know they are in better shape. Their is always kingsnake.com lots of breeders their. But I recommend adoption before purchase. :)

kelseyleah343

5 Year Member
Florence, Mississippi
I've searched that site as well as many adoption organizations in MS. I certainly don't want to do shipping, as many people seem to do. I'd much rather meet the owner somewhere if they are quite some distance away. This seems to narrow it down to having no options whatsoever.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Try Craigslist there's usually lots of people needing to find homes for their torts. And a warning it may be sad some of the ads you will see.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Welcome to the forum!
You can check craigslist as well as online adoptions in your area :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kelsey:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.