New Boxie

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeneybomber

5 Year Member
I have decided on getting a gulf coast box turtle. What are you thoughts about it living with my ebt's. I am going to anyway, but I like opinions.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have kept different types of box turtles together in the same habitat, but never opposite sexes. Another thing to give consideration to is the Gulf Coast box turtle is a bit more aggressive than the other types. And they are pretty aggressive when it comes to breeding too.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I keep all my box turtles together in a large turtle garden. So far they get along fine. I have two males, a Three Toed and an Eastern. All the others are female. The Gulf Coast doesn't like strangers...people she doesn't know, but she doesn't fight with the other boxies....yet. I'm not selling any babies, so I don't care if they mate or not. I never took in any eggs, but I might next Spring....haven't decided yet.
Millie hates strangers and if she hears someone talking or the dog barking, she'll run out and do this.
033-22.jpg

041-15.jpg

She's very comical.
004-55.jpg

weeneybomber

5 Year Member
That's really funny mine is only going to be a yearling like my other 4. So they will kind of grow up together. I hope mine have cool personalities! I have a outdoor pen, it's only 16 square feet and I'm keeping them inside for the winter. This upcoming spring I'm going to build a permanent large enclosure. My mom said she would even hire a contractor, so it'll be good:). I can't wait until I get hatchlings of my own! Thanks for the replies guys.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Haha I laughed when you said " I am going to anyway". I just wanted to say congrats and post pics :)

weeneybomber

5 Year Member
Thanks guys, and I will post pics! It should be here soon. Just to tell you about my turtles I have 4 yearling easterns and this gulf coast will be a yearling I have 16 square ft. temporary outdoor pen. I will keep them inside for the winter and build a large permanent outdoor pen this spring. I will keep the gulf coast isolated for a while inside, when the other 4 have to come for the winter that is when they will all meet the new guy.

weeneybomber

5 Year Member
CtTortoiseMom said:
Haha I laughed when you said " I am going to anyway". I just wanted to say congrats and post pics :)

Mine is only going to be a yearling like my other 4. So they will kind of grow up together. I have a outdoor pen, it's only 16 square feet and I'm keeping them inside for the winter. This upcoming spring I'm going to build a permanent large enclosure. My mom said she would even hire a contractor, so it'll be good:). I can't wait until I get hatchlings of my own! Thanks for the replies guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.