New baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaRosie

5 Year Member
I rescued a little red eared from my pond. Maybe a week old. His name is Beast. I have him in a nice little tank. Any ideas to help him stay comfortable in the tank?

AndreaRosie

5 Year Member
Thanks so much! That gave me a lot of information! I jut raise rescue box turtle and wild turtle come into my pond. So on the baby RES stuff is new to me.

nearpass

10 Year Member!
kjr153 said:
May I ask why you removed him from the wild?

Unless she's in the very southern US, or Mexico, he/she is not native. We even have populations established here in the northeast, and that's not a good thing. Perhaps taking the turtle on will prevent a bunch of newbie turtles establishing themselves where they shouldn't be.

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
nearpass said:
kjr153 said:
May I ask why you removed him from the wild?

Unless she's in the very southern US, or Mexico, he/she is not native. We even have populations established here in the northeast, and that's not a good thing. Perhaps taking the turtle on will prevent a bunch of newbie turtles establishing themselves where they shouldn't be.

Agree. They've established themselves here in Southern California and are causing havoc with the native populations. I commend anyone who removes an RES from the wild in an area where they are not native.

AndreaRosie said:
I rescued a little red eared from my pond. Maybe a week old. His name is Beast. I have him in a nice little tank. Any ideas to help him stay comfortable in the tank?

He's a cutie!!!! :D

kjr153

5 Year Member
Gotcha. I knew there had to be a reason because she said "rescued". I was thinking to myself how is that rescuing by pulling it from the wild? I see now. Thanks for the replies :)

AndreaRosie

5 Year Member
My box turtles I rescue were all run over. Once they are healed and show signs they can fend for themselves I release them in an area with less roads. Similar to the place I found them. I have a pond we built in my backyard. We have to drain it this year. My little RES climbed into my pool. Knowing he might not make it till October when we refill up my pond I took him in. Also I live in Louisiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.