Napping in blankets?

Sydney5646

Fredrick sometimes likes to nap in blankets when roaming around. I have a very thin cotton one that he's recently been crawling into and burrowing. When he does this, I usually just take him out and put him back in his enclosure in his log to sleep, but I'm wondering if it would be okay to leave him? I obviously know not to leave him like that overnight or for too long, but I want to let him do what he wants if I know he won't be suffocated. He also tries to just burrow in it and not completely sleep.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
He shouldn't have access to blankets and he shouldn't be roaming around loose in the house. He needs to be in his enclosure where temps and conditions are correct and he's safe from the human world and all of its dangers. There are soooo many ways that he can be hurt or killed while out loose. We see it here all the time.

Most people get defensive when we tell them this. Some get mad. Everyone professes that they are careful and have made it safe, but it can't be made safe. Its a dangerous practice and and it usually ends in disaster.