My XXXL female RT...

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
I just have to show off my big girl Amber - she is just shy of 9" SCL and weighs in at a whopping 1874g. She's a big, big girl! She is freshly hosed down in the pic below... I plopped Duke into the pic for size comparison. He's a 5" male).
DSC_6176+-+Copy.JPG

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Haha! @AmRoKo... those tortoise boys don't seem to differentiate much... big tortoise butt, small tortoise butt... lucious rounded rock.... the occasional tennis shoe.... ya know. ;) The only difference is that they keep falling off while trying to get busy with the big tortoise girls. Or they end up lining up with the tortoise's side, or head end. Silly boys.

THBfriend

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wow, that's a big RT! About the same size as my 30 year old male Hermann's tortoise, and even a bit heavier.

About tortoise boys and rocks, shoes, etc.... I've heard some people make the plausible claim that "sane" tortoises do not hump foreign objects. If they did not grow up in isolation, but had contact with fellow members of their species, they should know the difference between shoes and females well enough.