My Tort's Very Picky With Food-Please Help.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
In the end, it will be time well spent. You are improving his quality of life (and by this I don't mean he doesn't have a good existence, it's enhancing the life he's already got), giving your tort more time with you. As I said, all of this is to benefit your baby.

I don't want to get involved in politics, etc.. but I will say this. It is hard to have things come across the way they were meant on the internet. I personally don't feel I saw anything where anyone was talking down to you. I understand that it is very easy to feel defensive as this thread is about you and yours. I think because it's about you (you're emotionally attached to the situation because it's your baby), it is easy to take it as an attack on your husbandry. I think if this conversation took place and someone else was you, you'd feel different about it. I'm sorry that you feel hurt in a place of help.

These people on this forum are really good at what they do, and are always willing to help. These people also speak for those who cannot (the tortoise), and they care a whole lot about them. They have taken time out of their day to give advice. I am very happy I found this site. The knowledge here is mind blowing. Hopefully, we can put emotions aside and get down to helping!

I'm sorry if I've offended you in any way but that's not what this was for. We want the best for you and yours.
Thanks your alert, your help as well as your understanding, all of which I really do appreciate. You did not offend me, Randi.

Please don't take this personal, but even on a thread that had nothing whatsoever to do with me or my tort, I was told some extremely hurtful words and in an impolite manner. Why....only GOD knows. Such heartless people don't seem to take into consderation one thing: they could be "talking" to someone extremely sensitive, not emotional. When one is writing to somebody one does not know personally, I believe that one has to be very careful and cautious when wording one's letter/message/alert. Doesn't that make sense? Believe me Randi, when I want to send a message via the net, I type it, read it and re-read it, so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

Once again, thanks a lot your understanding :).

Randi you did not offend me.

mini_max

Alberta, Canada
Hey, I just had a thought. You could get some mazuri and spread a paste of it on the tomatoes. Once he gets used to the taste of mazuri, he may be more apt to try anything else you smear it on.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Or he ciould demand mazuri covered toms :). So how is the picky eater doing?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Thanks very much your alerts and help, Mini-max and Dmmj.

I'll give that a try. Meanwhile, "Picky Eater" ;) is fine, though I've stopped offering it tomatoes. We'll see who'll win this...war:p