My New Redfoot (My First Tortoise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtremeJustin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, Florida
I've always wanted a turtle or tortoise but either didn't have the room, the time, or had too many things going on all at once. I've also tried to keep my animal collection rather small. I've been on the forum lurking for a while getting information but haven't posted until today.

A couple of days ago I got my first Tortoise, a Redfoot, from Ray Gurgui (Thunder Bay Herps---he will be at the Repticon show in Tampa next weekend with Redfoots and Blue Tongue Skinks). This little guy (or girl) is only 2 1/2 inches. I will try to get more pictures very soon (especially since the ones I got kept reflecting the light from it's dome). I will probably refer to the Redfoot as a she until I know the sex for certain. Since I know people love pictures I figure I'd post the ones I took already.
Justin

RFT01.JPG
RFT02.JPG
RFT03.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Congratulations Justin on moving from lurker to actual member of this site! :D Also way to go getting your little Redfoot!! I think you will find the wait is worth it. How did you decide on a Redfoot?

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
WELCOME to the forum. Nice looking little redfoot you have there. oh and yes we love pics

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Justin:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know where you are?

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Welcome Justin,
As others have said, nice looking hatchling!

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Welcome, enjoy your stay..
what a beuatiful baby!
Good-Luck in tortoise care! (not that you will need it ;) )

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Beautiful Red Foot-have fun and ask questions if you want to as lots of us have these tortoises.
Welcome!!

ExtremeJustin

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
Thank you all. Yvonne, I'm in Tampa, Florida. I swore I wouldn't forget to mention that and I still managed to forget it. Jacqui, I decided on a Redfoot because they do really well here in Florida and I know someone who breeds them. I've been looking at different breeds of Torts for the last 2 1/2 years and I'm starting with a RFT but I may get another Tort in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.