My ever dapper, Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Cleaned Mr. Stinkypant's enclosure. His gets way worse than the girls'. He pees more, and drags his food all over the place. I gave it a nice once over, new bedding, and scrubbed his tiles.

I also added another light for him, on the right side. Its been so dark here in WI lately--didn't want him getting depressed! The girls have enough ambient room light that their entire enclosures are lit. Plus, being over his water dish will keep the water a wee bit warmer for him, and help with ambient humidity.

Here are some pics :) I hardly ever post him. :)

This is "second breakfast" he had Romaine for the first one. Its my variety week, which is why no SM is pictured. He loves Radicchio and Mazuri. Def his favs after red pepper.

nigel02-17009.jpg

nigel02-17058.jpg

nigel02-17008.jpg

nigel02-17016.jpg

nigel02-17028.jpg

Enjoy! I'll try to get some more pics of him enjoying his nice clean enclosure, in the morning. :) He's nice and relaxed, basking now.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What a stunner! Grr what are you doing to me, posting pictures of all your gorgeous Greeks?! You're really making me want one!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
They are awesome Katie! I'm SO GLAD I went for a Greek as my first tort. The girls do not disappoint, and Nigel has a personality all his own. :) Not to mention those beautiful faces! That's what got me.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I'm glad I chose a Russian for my first little guy, but there is just something about those Greeks! They're so gorgeous! Is their care much different from a Russian?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Nope. I will push you over to the Greek side yet! Shockingly similar. :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
He's very nice looking and his shell is so smooth. Good job Meg. His enclosure looks beautiful and I'm also thinking of putting a heat light above Dale's water it gets so cold he doesn't like going into it much. :)

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Mr. S is really going after that red cabbage (or whatever it is)! Looks like he doesn't want the camera stealing any of his prized meal lol

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
i really like the enclosure. makes me want to get a greek tortoise. are you using the trex bulbs?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Yup. 100Ws on all my Greeks. I don't think the Powersuns get as hot IMO. I have a 125W on my tegu, and I had to add a house bulb to keep her basking spot up to temp. The lamp on the right just has a 60W incandescent for extra lighting.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Hmm I wonder if I should add an extra light for Nelson just so his enclosure is a little brighter during the day.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Thanks guys! I can't take credit for it though, as Nigel was WC. He's about 11 years old now. He's 5 1/4 I think? Or 5 3/4---I can't remember off hand.

The funny thing was he's been really restless the last couple weeks. He would pace, and pace, and tear up his enclosure. But since the light went in, he's calm as a cucumber. His appetite is better too. I think he was upset it was so dark in there.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
WC means "wild caught"

I might just have to add a light on the other end of Nelson's enclosure. Whenever I'm in the room with him the room light is on so I never realized how dark it is when I'm not in there- duh!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I'm so glad Nigel got his turn under the spotlight (snicker, snicker). :p

He's very handsome there working his food over with relish! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.