looking for any type of tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar

5 Year Member
Hello I'm from the los angeles area...Ive been doing research about tortoises here on the forum and decided to join... Also hoping to adopt any type of tortoise ...Russians,leopard's,redfoots or sulcata..hoping to add a new member to our family... Maybe someone in a bad situation and can't take care if theres..I checked out classafieds ads and prices are ridiculous!!..please email me if yours needs a home... [email protected]....

My parents bought us one when I was younger and we all loved him..so I've always loves tortoises..

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum...

You rarely find owners on here wanting to part with there tortoise or turtle, you may be better off checking with a local rescue or searching adds on craigslist...

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Welcome to the forum.

You may think that prices are ridiculous, but, that is the LEAST amount of money you will spend. Tortoises are very expensive to care for properly. There are many of us here that have thousands of dollars invested into our tortoises alone, not counting their housing and equipment.

Tortoises are also a lifetime commitment, so make sure that you are fully ready before you bring a new friend home!

sugar

5 Year Member
I'm aware of the cost of tortoises...but I would rather put money into there care...ppl over price them on the classafieds ads....I've done lots if research and I'm lieing to adopt one..

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I second what Kristina said. Getting your tortoise set up how you want is a very pricey task. I know im in the quadruplets money wise! oh and my sulcata cost me only 65 dollars of that. haha wouldnt change it for anything.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Welcome to the forum, and you should look into adopting one. Thank the LORD for Everything. :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sugar said:
I'm aware of the cost of tortoises...but I would rather put money into there care...

Welcome! I have to agree, I would much rather be putting my money into my tortoises, unfortunately if you want a certain animal, that can't happen. You on the other hand are not being picky. I agree look into adoption. There are many places out there looking for folks to adopt. Be prepare that you may end up paying an "adoption fee" that is often as much or more then the cost of buying. BTW... welcome!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Welcome to the forum! :) Just wondering... what happened to the tortoise you had when you were younger?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sugar:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name?

Contact one of the chapters of the California Turtle & Tortoise Club. They usually always have tortoises that are needing good homes.

http://www.tortoise.org/cttc/adoption.html

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome....I think it is awesome you are looking to adopt/rescue....there have been a few threads even on this forum for tortoise looking for new home....and as Yvonne said Ca Turtle and Tortoise Club always have torts/turtles looking for a person to adopt :D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Kristina said:
Welcome to the forum.

You may think that prices are ridiculous, but, that is the LEAST amount of money you will spend. Tortoises are very expensive to care for properly. There are many of us here that have thousands of dollars invested into our tortoises alone, not counting their housing and equipment.

Tortoises are also a lifetime commitment, so make sure that you are fully ready before you bring a new friend home!

Welcome, and well said Kristina!

ewam

5 Year Member
Southern Ca.
African torts are good for southern cal because it is hot and some what humid here sometimes and a baby and adopting is the cheapest way to go. Sulcatas are the cheapest tort that gets big if you want one that will get big and leos are easier to care for when they get big. Red foots will be good if you build a misting system like some people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.