Looking for a pair of Russians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
I am looking to add a pair (male and female) of Russian torts to the household. I live in northern Michigan. During the winter my tortoises are housed indoors, with outdoor pens during the summer.

The tortoises will be housed seperately in tortoise tables.

I would prefer torts no less than 4" SCL but will consider others.

I am willing to pay an "adoption fee" or purchase outright. Shipping is fine.

I am knowledgable about tortoises, especially diet and nutrition, and I take excellent care of my chelonians.

Yes, I intend to breed them. Most likely it will be for a single clutch only. I want the experience of hatching and raising a tortoise form a hatchling. I am perfectly prepared to keep any hatchlings if I cannot find suitable homes for them.

If anyone knows of a pair needing a home, please let me know (I saw the post in the adoption section, but it is across the country from me.)

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Kristina

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I notice you have sulcatas.. do you house them indoors in the winter? What kind of set up do you have? How big are they?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Yes, I house them indoors right now. They have a good sized box type enclosure that was built for them. they are 8" and 12" long, but growing.

This shows the size of their enclosure, but the substrate is now timothy hay and they have a large waterbowl and a humid hide.

58245_view.jpg

Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.