Look at what I saw today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

So I look out the window today and what do I see? An Adult Gopher tortoise! I was so excited, I literally grabbed the camera and ran outside.

IMG_2519.jpg

She literally walked over my foot as I was taking pictures!
IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

The top of her shell and her gular scutes where pretty beaten up and she appeared to have healed front leg injuries and a missing claw but other wise looked good.
IMG_2508.jpg

Isn't she beautiful? Oh how I would love to have a huge group of gopher torts.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
Great pics thanks for sharing.
Wow her shell is pretty scratched up isn't it?
She is very beautiful!
I wonder how old she is and wouldn't it be great if she could talk
and tell her story?

S

Scooter

Yes it would. Her gular scutes where pretty bad too though it looked all healed but I couldn't get her to stay still so I could get a picture. I could have stayed there and watched her walk around all day!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
One thing I'll say about living in Florida (1998 - 2001)...you do see A LOT of wildlife! My first day I saw giant otters swimming in the canal off our apartment in Wellington...and the next morning I saw an osprey take a fish from the same canal...but your experience...that's VERY cool!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Its so weird to me to see Gopherus sp. on grass or even near anything green! Except maybe some cactus. I'm so used to seeing CDT on dry sandy stuff with nothing but sparse dead brush around.

S

Scooter

She seemed to just be passing through on her way to the woods. I was trying to direct towards the woods by standing in her way (she was headed toward the road) but she would have none of that and just walked around me or over my feet. She walked along the road and then went under a fence into the woods (just not the section of woods I was trying to direct her to haha)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Scooter said:
She seemed to just be passing through on her way to the woods. I was trying to direct towards the woods by standing in her way (she was headed toward the road) but she would have none of that and just walked around me or over my feet. She walked along the road and then went under a fence into the woods (just not the section of woods I was trying to direct her to haha)

0.1.0 Home's hingeback (Scoot)
0.0.1 Sulcata (Thor)
1.0.0 Mississippi map turtle (Tim)
0.0.1 Yellow bellied slider (Giggity)
1.0.0 Green iguana (Nart)
0.0.1 Cuban tree frog (Stewie)
1 Dog, lab/weimaraner mix (Echo), 2 Cats (Max & Sugar), 3 Ferrets (Wall-E, Morpheus & Kurt)
0.0.1 Gopher tortoise:p

S

Scooter

HAHAH I wish! I guess I can look at the pics and pretend she is mine haha :D

Status
Not open for further replies.