living with different types

Status
Not open for further replies.

toydle**luv

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
kansas
i know you arnt soposed to have diferent types of breeds live together but i saw a abandon leopard tort today.. hes sooooo pretty.. any comments on how much i shouldnt take him under my wing? i dont really want to make a seperate table for him because my other one already takes up so much spase.. but if its for the greater good of my pets i wont but i will be sad. :(

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Well, RFs and Leopards have two different enclosure needs....so I would think that you would want to set up a second enclosure for the Leopard...also, the Leopards get a bit larger than the RFs :)P) so you would need to plan for that as well in the future, or perhaps you can take him in with the plan in mind to re home him to someone who would have the space and set up and the desire to host a Leopard, you know? :D

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Angela's spot on. Just wanted to add they may carry different pathogens and parasites that could be fatal as they have very separate origins (RF = South America, Leopard = Africa). I haven't seen pictures yet, but from your previous posts it sounds like your RF may be struggling a bit too, placing another tortoise in with him/her could be fatally stressful.

Get your temps and humidity up and enjoy the one you have!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
By all means take him in, but give him his own space. I agree with both posters above.

Status
Not open for further replies.