Lighting??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelG96

5 Year Member
So I'm moving my Russian from a tank to a rubbermaid bin and I was wondering what kind of lighting would be best? Right now I'm using a UVB light And a heat lamp for basking. Should I keep this or use something different?

Please help!!!
Thank You!!!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
You should keep using UVB light. I use a Powersun UVB bulb during the day and a red light at night for heat.

clemmentiny

5 Year Member
cemmons12 said:
You should keep using UVB light. I use a Powersun UVB bulb during the day and a red light at night for heat.

So is that all you use for your sulcata? Some of the pictures of enclosures I've seen look like they use a fluorescent light too. Is that necessary? Because I use a UVB during the day and a purple heat lamp at night. Is that ok?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
clemmentiny said:
cemmons12 said:

So is that all you use for your sulcata? Some of the pictures of enclosures I've seen look like they use a fluorescent light too. Is that necessary? Because I use a UVB during the day and a purple heat lamp at night. Is that ok?

I opt to use the Powersun UVB bulbs over the tube lights. I just think they work better then the tube lights. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.