Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIRR04

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Hi my name is Troy. I have had aquatic turtles my whole life. I'm very interested in torts and plan to start with a red foot. Any advice would be great and hope to hear from all. I'm currently living in Illinois so it will be an indoor habitat. At least 8 of the 12 months lol.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Troy! Welcome to the forum. What kind of turtles?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome Troy! I think you will love a redfoot! I sure do!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Troy:

Welcome to the wonderful world of tortoises and...

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum Troy! and as some who has been looking into getting a Redfoot myself, I can tell you they are tropical, forest dwelling Tortoise and are omniverous. If you can maintain and indoor habitat of this nature (Tropical Forest) for a 14" adult tortoise, then I say you have made the right choise!;) (living in Texas, my adults will be housed outside year round)

AIRR04

5 Year Member
Illinois
I have had red ear mainly. Snapping and side neck but few.

AIRR04

5 Year Member
Illinois
Zamric said:
Welcome to the Forum Troy! and as some who has been looking into getting a Redfoot myself, I can tell you they are tropical, forest dwelling Tortoise and are omniverous. If you can maintain and indoor habitat of this nature (Tropical Forest) for a 14" adult tortoise, then I say you have made the right choise!;) (living in Texas, my adults will be housed outside year round)

I wish I was back in Texas. That is where I grew up. I plan on returning very soon.

AIRR04

5 Year Member
Illinois
ok all within the next week and a half i will be starting a new thread and begin my build on my 40g breeder tank for the future tort. plenty of pics and instructions to come so i hope to see the comments flowing with ideas and critiques!!! can't wait see you soon.

AIRR04

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thanks all for your warm welcomes. Cant wait to start building a report with every one and sharing my tort stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.