Indoor house size for 3 RTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadance

5 Year Member
I am trying to figure out how big I would need to go if we got another RT right now they are in a 40 gallon breeder (which I was told by many including a vet that this was ok for their home during the winter months.). But we are thinking of adding another RT and my husband wants me to make a tort table for them in the house but I want to make sure that I know how big to go if we wanted to add 1 more RT. because I don't want to make it and then find out we are getting another RT and i didn't make it big enough. Thank in advance.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Opinions will vary, but given the normal personality of Russians, I would go at least 4x8' and have a back up plan to separate them when the fights break out.

Cadance

5 Year Member
ascott said:
giving you a bump....hold on :D.....BUUUUMMMPPPP :p

Thanks for the bump :)

Tom said:
Opinions will vary, but given the normal personality of Russians, I would go at least 4x8' and have a back up plan to separate them when the fights break out.

Ok thank you I had a vet tell me I could keep 3 in what I have them in now which I think would be too small for 3. My plan is to have a new one made before we get another of course which I am hoping will be this summer.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
General rule of thumb is one square foot for every square inch of tortoise. all 3 russians need to be measured. It might be easier to build 3 enclosures and the introduce them for breeding purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.