indian star tortoise

CHETAN

guys i hve a juvenile indian star tortoise itz approx to 2 inches..... i wanted to know the growth rate of it....and what mi8 b itz age right now...... and imp is when will it start growing bigger in size what time does it take to get to 4 inches.....

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
If your star is 2 in. It's too small to sex and growth rate is more from how and what it's feed . I wish I could give you the answer you wanted to here ! But give it large doses of love . Good luck

shanu303

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
Hello Chetan... welcome to TFO :) Are you from India?
regarding your questions... Like Grandpa Turtle said growth rate depends on how you take care and your star is already growing.... take good care of it .... what is its name?

CHETAN

hey dude yep i m from India...... care in d sense what todo..... i hve recently got one and itz my first tort ....i have res. ...bt keeping stars is a diff thing..... and can u tellme the veges i hve to feed...i m presently feeding ladysfinger,carrots and hibiscus flowers ... what else is needed.....

shanu303

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
here is a short list....

hibiscus leaves and flowers
cucumber
lawn grass
mustard greens(rai dana ke patte)
radish greens
carrot greens
fenugreek(methi patta)
bird seed grass
wheat grass
rose leaves and flowers
lettuce (if available)
Dhaniya(cilantro)

arotester

5 Year Member
your tort isn't a juvenile instead it's just a baby of 6-7 months is guess.Babies grow fast and then they slow down a bit.(it all depends on the diet,healthy one )I would like to add alfalfa hay to the above list,that's the main course for my torts