Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
tortoisenerd said:
Oops TerryO!

Oh Kate...noooooooooo...I was laughing because you said "TerryO from above". Maybe I'm just nuts, but it struck me funny...like I was in heaven ..or something....Oh never mind..lol...I am just a loony.

HermanRedFoot said:
Um emysemys, I have read every website out there that you and others have suggested. ALOT of it is contradicting as I have previously stated (once again). Im sick and tired of people like you who have to be so rude all the time. I came here for help, not for judging or telling me that I am wrong. I came here for SUGGESTIONS and options, not for personal opinons about what I have stated. Maybe you should next time SUGGEST options rather than just pointing out what is wrong with what I am saying. Now that would be more helpful.

Its actually people who come off rude like that, that dont want me to come back to Tortoisefourm.org ever again. Keep your opinons to yourself please and thank you.

Also, if you have looked at my feeding list, you will noticed that I have compiled it from redfoots.com AND turtletary.com

Here is the site: http://www.redfoots.com/redfoot.htm All you have to do is go to the top of the page, diet..housing...etc and pick the age of your tort and follow the caresheet....very simple. You do NOT have to as you put it "compiled it from redfoots.com AND turtletary.com".

The people here are just trying to help you and your redfoot...no one is criticizing you...or being rude...only trying to help.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Oh I get your comment now, lol. :)

I would hope that redfoots.com and turtletary.com say the same thing as they are both written by the same person.

I'm sorry you are having a tough time on this forum. I hope you do not judge us by one thread. When you get a bunch of very passionate very opinionated people all together we tend to argue a bit and may be a little short with words. I apologize.

HermanRedFoot

5 Year Member
Im pretty sure when someone says that I am wrong from what i compiled from a website that you all suggest, is criticizing me and being rude. Your quote "The highest form of wisdom is kindess" is very inspirational. Some should look into that.

Anyways, thanks for the time that I spent on this site. Thanks to those who were welcoming and kind.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
It's sad that you are leaving this site. From my own personal experience....you will never meet people as kind and giving as these people on this forum. If you give them a chance, you will see that they are only trying to help you do what is best for your tortoise. I did research for 1 year before I got my Redfoot. He is two years old now and doing very well thanks to the caresheets on Redfoots.com and the people here who helped me. Yes, there are other care sheets out there, but personally, I just find this one to be the easiest to follow. There are other forums out there too, so if you don't stay here ......I wish you luck whereever you do go.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
First of all, you argued and became hostile when we tried to steer you towards one of the best redfoot sites on the web. Then you got mad when no one would agree that your schedule was ok. You said you came to us for help, when in reality what you came for was for us to approve of what you had already decided to do. Seems to me you had trouble with us on another thread too. We're not here to be the "yes man." We DO try to help, but if you won't open your mind, how can we help?

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Hi Samantha, sorry you are leaving us. I was hoping you would be a good fit for our community. People tend to go on and on and give their opinions as families do, here on the forum, instead of you asking a direct question and getting one direct answer. I know that you have been told read www. Redfoots.com so many times you could scream. But in my opinion it is the best out there. Terry has raised RF for many years and has 2nd and 3rd generation hatchlings that are now adults and pictures to prove his system works that is why everyone points you to his site. There are many ways of raising torts and as many sites and people that give good and bad information. Please know that everyone here on the form is trying to be helpful but I have to agree with Yvonne in this instance. It does appear that when you ask a question you only want that question answered and if you don’t like the answer then you feel people are being rude or too critical.

I am sorry you don’t feel you are a good fit for our community or that the community is not a good fit for you.

Good luck with your RF and know you are always welcome here.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh my gosh finally someone said what I've been thinking since the first thread! Thank you Yvonne and Robyn! Whacked!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
There is Not ONE way to raise a tortoise.. keep an open mind, chose what works best for you, but listen to the people who have been there before you and learn to not make the same mistakes they may have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.