Ibera Greek tortoise in Southern Maryland

Teacherstortoise

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself and my new tortoise Franklin Wade. Franklin is an Ibera Greek Tortoise out of Chris Leone from gardenstatetortoise.com. He arrived in under 24 hours and was active and alert upon arrival. He is very outgoing and seemed to happily spend the week being quietly stared at by kids. His basking temps are currently at about 90 degrees with ambient temps between 70-75. The humidity is around 70. Substrate is cypress mulch with sphagnum moss on his basking area as well as in the cave and under the log. He is eating well and is a beautiful tortoise! I'm using a mercury vapor bulb and have ordered a lamp stand that will arrive Tuesday. Any advice or input you may have is appreciated! You have all been so informative as I spent so much time reading these forums prior to making this decision.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
WOOT WOOT! I LOVE IBERAS! WELCOME WELCOME! Feel free to ask any questions here and hope to see more pictures of the little one soon!

Teacherstortoise

Jlant85 said:
WOOT WOOT! I LOVE IBERAS! WELCOME WELCOME! Feel free to ask any questions here and hope to see more pictures of the little one soon!

Here he is up close! I can only post one at a time on the ipad because they have the same name. I took some nice ones on my camera earlier that I will get posted soon!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: