I’m Ready For Bed !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Holey moley!!!!! Get a load of Dale's gular! I'll bet he was king of his desert territory, winning all the fights with that thing sticking out in front of him.

I see what you mean about gopher holes. They sure like that loose dirt you piled up on the dens.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Holey moley!!!!! Get a load of Dale's gular! I'll bet he was king of his desert territory, winning all the fights with that thing sticking out in front of him.

I see what you mean about gopher holes. They sure like that loose dirt you piled up on the dens.
We when first saw his Gular we were worried .. pretty bad too. I have never seen a gular like that, it really is "In His Way." I AM SO GLAD you noticed it, in the back of my head I've always wondered if it was OK.
Do you have an hourly rate? I ask because your better than any Psychologist at calming my crazy mind. When you post just imagine me "On the Couch." This is in a joking manner but seriously you do calm fears I have, as well as give me comfort I'm heading in the right direction. Thank You.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I was wondering too. It looks like it could inhibit his normal range of movement

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
I was wondering too. It looks like it could inhibit his normal range of movement
Yes ... and the 2 lumps under his chin .... they are ALWAYS catching the Gular. Sometimes he gets caught trying to retract his head on the Gular, leaving him just starring at me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Those bumps under the chin are glands. They swell when he's ready to breed. Because of the size of the gular, I'm thinking this is a pretty old tortoise.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Those bumps under the chin are glands. They swell when he's ready to breed. Because of the size of the gular, I'm thinking this is a pretty old tortoise.
The story of Dale and Bell .... They are 28 - 30 yrs old, (owner could not remember exact year) raised in a Palmdale California backyard together. The woman was moving to Florida and did not want to take them. We separated them BUT they do have a chicken wire barrier between the 2, yes I know they should not see each other. This is MY human emotion that caused that, just thought after almost 30 yrs. together every so often they would like to see each other. The names Bell and Dale came from my grandparents, Dale and Bell together till death due us part. Bell died of Cancer and Dale was there for every and any need there was, a true Man and Husband.