"HOWDY"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronos

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Plano, Texas USA
Hi folks... My name is "Kronos" and I am a tortoise with a new home in the great state of Texas. I used to live at Petsmart, but this awesome guy took me home and gave me to his spouse as a gift, and since then I have been a very good tortoise! At first they stuck me in a lousy small fishtank with newspaper bedding. It was horrible! I only had enough room for my food bowl and a little walking room. But within a couple of days my home was upgraded. I'm now living in a 2.5' x 3.5' x 8" shoe box. It's not exactly what I would call a "great" place to live but it's definately an upgrade from where I was. I have a UVB light over my food bowl and I have a water dish to go along with it now! I also have a heat lamp which was placed over by my new half log which I happen to love wedging myself into. And with all that going on there is still a little room to walk around. My people take me out all the time and make sure that I am getting plenty of exercise. They even give me baths once a week and when I come out of the bathtub they rub me down with a lotion that helps keep my skin and shell strong and healthy. I eat plenty of food. At first they were giving me spring mix. I'm not going to say I didn't like it, I thought it was fine, but my people decided that buying bagged mixed lettuce was too expensive, plus it goes bad faster than I can eat it. So now I am eating Kale. I LOVE IT! They make sure to sprinkle calcium on my food so that my bones stay strong and they also make sure I get more than just Kale. They feed me snacks at least once a week; so far I've had apple, tomato, and blackberry. I like to make a lot of noise as early as possible in the morning that way I can eat, and if they don't wake up in time I make sure to leave them a nice little surprise in my waterbowl! :D Oh and there's one more thing, I don't think I'm supposed to know this but i over heard my people talking and well, I think in a couple of weeks my house will be getting even bigger! But that's just between you and me. Stay tuned for an update!:tort:

Attachments

• IMG_1938.JPG
    IMG_1938.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:tort: Kronos :tort: and his humans, welcome! I wish you would come to my place Kronos and teach my tortoises to type. :D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
You look very wise!!! I hope the rumor is true because you deserve a mansion and some outside time with nature rays!

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Howdy back atchya from your neighbor to the south. Glad you found a much better home. :D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
emysemys said:
Welcome to the Forum, Kronos!

Here's a list of foods that are much better for you than Kale:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-5823.html

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you will follow Yvonne's advice. Here in Indiana, I buy Coopers dark leafy greens in the section where its like you bag it yourself and its around 1.89 a lb. I also feed kale once in a while, but its not very good as a staple diet. I also feed my Cooper and Ophelia Mazuri Tortoise Diet, it fairly cheap and I believe a good supplement and long as it fed in like a 20% ratio to 80% dark leafy greens. This is how I do it, and I believe there is no real right or wrong as to if its fed everyday as long as the tort is at least a year old. These are just my opinions, best of luck to u both!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi Kronos, I am so glad that "awesome guy" bought you! Welcome!!

Kronos

5 Year Member
Plano, Texas USA
Thank you all for the welcome, I feel like I am already family here at the forum. Great question about my name... funny story, my people have a friend that is REALLY in to doungens and dragons, and one of his friends "name" is Kronos... upon further research my people found that Kronos was King of the Titans and Father of the Gods in Greek Mythology. I must say it is a good fit, because I am the destroyer of universes. Don't worry your species is safe. :p I have been outside (thanks to global warming) since we last talked and I find Texas grass quite appitizing! Don't tell my people, but I pooped on their sage. :tort: My enclosure has not increased in size yet, but I am ok with roaming the halls for now. Well, I have a spa date... :D

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Utah
hahaha Welcome Kronos!! You are one entertaining little Texan!! Sounds like life is pretty good for you....Try out some collard greens!! my Eloise loves the stems and the leaf!! Oregano too she really likes oregano! have you taken any pictures of your shoe box home? would love to see where you live..

Status
Not open for further replies.