Horsfield tortoise

Mllx_yy

Location (City and/or State)
Bedfordshire
I hope you have removed all the sand. Glad he is improving!
Hello tammy, I’m just checking if I have done the coco coir correct (not just tammy everyone!) I’ll attach a photo :) wasn’t sure how wet or dry to do it if anyone could help would be great! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello tammy, I’m just checking if I have done the coco coir correct (not just tammy everyone!) I’ll attach a photo :) wasn’t sure how wet or dry to do it if anyone could help would be great! :)
Hello!
Looks fine to me. Did you hand-packed it? This helps to retain moisture and prevents mess. In fact, hygrometer should tell you if you need it more dry or damp.

He needs a larger water dish by the way - 1.5-2 times more then he is. Terracotta saucers from a gardening store (underpot plates) - are great and cheap option.

Mllx_yy

Bedfordshire
Hello!
Looks fine to me. Did you hand-packed it? This helps to retain moisture and prevents mess. In fact, hygrometer should tell you if you need it more dry or damp.

He needs a larger water dish by the way - 1.5-2 times more then he is. Terracotta saucers from a gardening store (underpot plates) - are great and cheap option.
Hand packed as in I packed it down with my hands, if so then yes. I’m going out tomorrow I’ll check out the a gardening store thank you!